Transferring a domain to AVATAVA
When you transfer a domain, management of the domain moves to AVATAVA, meaning you adjust your domain settings, pay for your domain, and renew your domain directly in your AVATAVA control panel.
To qualify a domain for transfer to AVATAVA your domain must be registered more than 60 days ago. You must also have access to your original domain registration provider account.
In order to transfer your domain you must monitor and respond to important confirmation emails which may require up to 20 days from the time of initiation until your transfer completes. You will also need to extend your present registration of your domain for an additional year. For example, if you still have 4 months remaining on your domain registration and you transfer your domain to AVATAVA, you will add 12 months of registration to the current period so your domain registration will renew again in 16 months.
Check Your Current Domain Registration Provider's Transfer Policies. Before you begin the transfer you should check your Registrar's Transfer Polices.
Make Sure your Domain is Ready to Transfer.
- Log in to your account at your present domain provider.
- Check your email address is up to date. You must be able to get email at the address your provider has on file in order to respond to the emails sent during the transfer process.
- Make certain your domain name is not locked. For many providers you will find this under settings for "Domain Lock".
- Obtain or reveal your authorization or EPP code. This varies with Registrar Provider.
- Copy and Paste your authorization code somewhere safe. You will need to enter this code into the transfer order at AVATAVA. Be careful not to click on the "Get authorization code" link twice as some registrars may generate a new code each time you click to reveal it. This could cause troubles if you click and generate a new code while a transfer is already in process.